It's Wednesday again! Can you believe it?!
I am so running out of things to list for our Waiting Wednesday posts! So today, I decided to do ten things I highly doubt you know about me. I know, I know who cares! Right? Oh well, after this you can't say you don't 'know' me anymore! Ha!
1. I am a private/shy person. I had a major internal battle when I first started this blog. Truth be told, this blog has helped me to become more 'open.' It's helped me share my feelings and to let my guard down, so-to-speak. It has challenged me in more ways that I ever thought it would, which is a good thing. :)
2. I am a peacemaker. At heart. I HATE confrontation. I hate to rock the boat, stir the pot, or whatever else that causes friction. Hate it. ALL. It gives me anxiety just thinking about it. Whew.
3. I tend to be a realist. I look at the realistic side of things. That's my anchor. However, I find that this is hard to have when faith enters the mix. Think about it, it's really hard to have faith when you have a realistic mindset. The two are like oil and water. So I have learned to NOT be so realistic and trust faith a little. It has been successful in many occasions.
4. I'm left-handed. So is my little Abram. We complain about right-handed scissors and notebooks that have the rings on the left-side. Well, I do because he's five and doesn't really realize these things yet. But, you bet-your-booty that I am going to let him in on the ways of the right-handed world. Yes, sir! (ma'am)
5. I started young. I met my hubby when I was still in High School and was engaged my Senior Year. Was married the summer of my Freshman year in college (I was 19). Had Kaleb two years later when I was a Jr. in college. And was pregnant with Abram when I graduated college.
What . . . ? I wanted a family. Really bad. Wouldn't change a thing.
6. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Corporate Fitness and a minor in Business Administration. Who cares!? (I was running out of things to put, so since the last one was about being married and pregnant twice while in college, I thought I would put this one in.) Have yet to use the Corporate Fitness, BUT - I am using the Bus. Admin. Yay for me. :)
7. My hubby and I are in Business together with his parents, my mother-in-law and father-in-law. It's a family-owned business and I am the Office Manager/Treasurer. (This is where the Bus. Admin. comes in.) I cut checks and do the book-keeping side of things. I love budgets, numbers and all that good stuff. It fits me and I LOVE it.
8. I was a tom-boy growing up. My dear Mom tried to dress me up in frilly, lace-y, dresses and it just didn't stick. They were itchy. I didn't find my girl-y side until I became a mother of boys. Go figure. I still have a tom-boyish side to me, though. I love to go camping and shooting with the boys and I've been to the spa once in my life.
9. I love to cook and bake. I love trying new recipes and things I have never cooked before. I get bored with the same' ol thing night after night. I also like trying new restaurants and new things. I love different and for things to be changed up once in a while.
10. I LOVE being a Mom. Love it. I love being home. I love being with my children each day. I consider being a Mom an awesome privilege. A huge blessing. I'm not perfect at it, but I try my best. I consider it an honor to help direct and guide these precious beings into life. My Heavenly Father entrusted me, little 'ol me, with these little people. And for that I am forever grateful.
Well, that's it. 10 things about me. Just for fun. Hope you have a GREAT Wednesday!
Aliah's 2nd Birthday Party
2 weeks ago