Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Waiting Wednesday

These Waiting Wednesday's really sneak up on me. :)

I missed last weeks'. :(

So here are ten things that I am very thankful for:

1. A Savior that lovingly died for my sins. And no matter the sin, if I ask, it is immediately forgiven.

2. A loving Husband and best friend.

3. The two beautiful boys that I wake up to every morning.

4. Homeschooling, and being able to be home with those two beautiful boys everyday.

5. I am so-very-thankful that it's getting closer to spring. I love that it's getting warmer, even though March can be one of the snowiest months for Colorado.

6. A loving and supportive family that we are so-very blessed with. Love 'em ALL!!

7. Our beautiful daughter. I am SO blessed to have her and to be able to be her mother for the rest of her life.

8. Adoption. I am so thankful for Adoption. Even though the bureaucratic red tape, increased waiting times, and overall up's and downs are extremely difficult, I am so thankful to be on this journey.

9. A roof over my head. I know it may seem menial, but there are SO many that are without homes in the world and even a place to call their own. Especially in these hard times.

10. Food. Again, I am so thankful that I am able to go to the store and purchase food for all of us.

Do you have time for a story? It's a short one.

Our Pastor was in the process of adopting a little girl (10 y.o.) from Haiti when the earthquake happened. They were VERY shook up, to say the least, when the news broke. Anyway, she was one of the first to come 'home' after the quake. They have sent us updates letting us know how they are adjusting, etc. One thing that stuck with me was that this little girl was so enamored by the fact that groceries were so plentiful and came in bags. I really don't think she has ever seen such a thing - living in Haiti for the past ten years, I highly doubt it. When they come home from the store, she is just amazed at the sight of all the food.

Something I take for granted.

I take all that I have for granted. And that is what makes me so-very thankful.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Hi Jayme,

I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I'm praying for you! I saw your post from the other day and I am specifically praying that you get to bring your daughter home in time for her first birthday. I can't imagine how hard this wait is when you actually have all her pictures and know who she is. Just know I will be praying!! :)

Lauren

ElizabethH said...

I've heard that before about food when an older child is adopted from a third world country. I've heard of many cases of the children hoarding food in their rooms, under their beds, b/c they've never had the experience of being sure that they'll get their next meal. It takes them a while to realize that they don't have to hoard food.

Michelle said...

Great post today Jayme! I like all of your things to be thankful for, but especially 7 & 8. I think we overlook #8 especially when we're going through times like this when it's hard. But, if it weren't for adoption and this wonderful opportunity, we wouldn't have Joye and Wesley coming into our lives one day soon. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jayme-

I've been reading your blog for awhile since we're both using the same adoption agency. My oldest is almost 5 and should start kindergarten this upcoming year. I've been considering homeschooling. If you get a chance maybe we could email and I could ask you some questions.

Lori

Brittany said...

We are very blessed people indeed. Thank you Lord!

Amy said...

Thanks for stopping by our blog. I, too, am a home schooling mom and I wouldn't trade it for the world! My best friend adopted her precious daughter from South Korea and what a love she is! I will look forward to reading how your story continues to unfold. Thank you for posting your heart of gratitude.
In His Hands,
Amy