These Waiting Wednesday's really sneak up on me. :)
I missed last weeks'. :(
So here are ten things that I am very thankful for:
1. A Savior that lovingly died for my sins. And no matter the sin, if I ask, it is immediately forgiven.
2. A loving Husband and best friend.
3. The two beautiful boys that I wake up to every morning.
4. Homeschooling, and being able to be home with those two beautiful boys everyday.
5. I am so-very-thankful that it's getting closer to spring. I love that it's getting warmer, even though March can be one of the snowiest months for Colorado.
6. A loving and supportive family that we are so-very blessed with. Love 'em ALL!!
7. Our beautiful daughter. I am SO blessed to have her and to be able to be her mother for the rest of her life.
8. Adoption. I am so thankful for Adoption. Even though the bureaucratic red tape, increased waiting times, and overall up's and downs are extremely difficult, I am so thankful to be on this journey.
9. A roof over my head. I know it may seem menial, but there are SO many that are without homes in the world and even a place to call their own. Especially in these hard times.
10. Food. Again, I am so thankful that I am able to go to the store and purchase food for all of us.
Do you have time for a story? It's a short one.
Our Pastor was in the process of adopting a little girl (10 y.o.) from Haiti when the earthquake happened. They were VERY shook up, to say the least, when the news broke. Anyway, she was one of the first to come 'home' after the quake. They have sent us updates letting us know how they are adjusting, etc. One thing that stuck with me was that this little girl was so enamored by the fact that groceries were so plentiful and came in bags. I really don't think she has ever seen such a thing - living in Haiti for the past ten years, I highly doubt it. When they come home from the store, she is just amazed at the sight of all the food.
Something I take for granted.
I take all that I have for granted. And that is what makes me so-very thankful.
3 days ago