Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Waiting Wednesday

My fellow adoption blogging buddy, Kara, started doing "Waiting Wednesday's" and I thought I would join along. It helps to pass the time. Each week has a theme. Based on my post yesterday, I am doing my 10 favorite scriptures that have given me hope and helped me through this roller-coaster called adoption!

1. "Don't be impatient for the Lord to act! Travel steadily along His path. " Psalm 37:34a&b

2. "In that day you will no longer ask me anything. I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name. Until now you have not asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete." John 16:23-24

3. "Don't worry about anything: instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done." Philippians 4:6

4. "I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?" Jeremiah 32:27

5. "For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love and self-discipline." 2 Timothy 1:7

6. "Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of His understanding. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths will become exhausted and young men will give up. But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. The will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:28-31 I LOVE THIS ONE!!

7. "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:7-8

8. "For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:21

9. "For the pagans run after all these things, and your Heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of it's own." Matthew 6:32-34

10. "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow is the road that leads to life, and only few find it." Matthew 7:13-14

I CAN get through this wait.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

this is such a wonderful idea! I love all the scriptures you listed -- thank you for the encouragement! :)

Brittany said...

Thanks Jayme! THese verses are a great encourgment