Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Belated Birthday

Happy Belated Birthday to my Kaleb! He turned 8 on the 27th. Better late than never, right?!
I tried to put a post together but with Christmas and his party and all of us having a cold, today is the day it made it's way to the blog. :) Happy Birthday K!
Kaleb is a very special guy. He's very sensitive and caring. If I am having a bad day, he will ask me what's wrong and try to make it better. If I cry, he cries. He has such a special tenderness to him that I absolutely love. (His wife will too, someday.)

He is a VERY good big brother. He cares for Abram deeply. He shows him things, helps him when he needs it and Abram ADORES him. He calls him "bubba." Abram LOVES his Bubba. Don't get me wrong, they have their typical sibling tendancies, but I pray that they will be just as tight as they get older.

He also loves his baby sister. He whoops and hollers (sp?) right along with us in each step of the adoption process. He's not too crazy about anything "girl-y" so this will do him some major good. It's been a boy's world around here for way. too. long.

Kaleb loves Baseball, playing Wii and is a Wolf in Cub Scouts. Of the three, I think Scouts wins hands-down. It has been THE BEST program for him. He's met some real great boys and has learned so much. He tells me how much he wants to be an Eagle Scout, at least once a month. He's very smart. His favorite subject is Arithmetic. His least favorite is Health.
Typical boy. ;)

(Clorox! Where?!)
He loves to be near all of us and is a big family boy. The more family around, the happier he is.



Going camping this past year, was a big thing for him. He learned how to cast and caught his first fish by himself. I don't think a day goes by without him telling me how much he misses fishing. He can't wait to go next year. I HOPE Joye is a camper! If not, it's a good reason for the "girls" to stay home once in a while!






Happy Birthday sweet Kaleb, and may the LORD bless you in each step you take in this journey of life. I love you.

1 comment:

Steve and Karen said...

My twins turn 8 on January 5th and I agree...our house too had been all boys for too long.

We love to camp also but we've become more of the campground campers with the kids needing to stay busy.

Happy birthday to all our boys.