Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I have to say I am thankful for many things in my life, but today I am especially thankful for my baby brother. He's no longer a baby (just in case you were wondering) but a strikingly handsome, caring, loving, strong, hunky man. No, today is not his birthday, it's just a random appreciation for everything that he is. My brother is a Man of the Badge. That's right, he is a Police Officer. (I have never thought the term cop was very endearing)

Seems how Police Officers put their life on the line, catch bad guys and make sure everyone is safe both in their cars and in their homes, you would think that society would be so appreciative for what my brother does on a regular basis. I wish that were the case. He gets flipped off, cussed at, (verbally abused would be way more appropriate) amongst other horrific things that I never imagined he would face. Now don't get me wrong, even I look frightfully in my rear view mirror when I see the marked cars speed past or follow behind me. But if I am speeding, then I deserve a ticket, I was breaking the law! Granted there are those few, in every profession, that give those that are good a bad name, but imagine if the Men and Women in blue weren't out there to protect us! Also, imagine going to work everyday and doing a job where everyone hates you. Doesn't give you much to get out of bed for, if you know what I mean. But he does it, and he does it well. And to top it all off, he NEVER expects recognition for all that he sacrifices. NEVER.

So today I proclaim National Hug-Your-Hunky-Police Officer Day! So Uncle T, thank you for all you do and I pray for your protection everyday. You deserve more than what people give you on a daily basis, but please know that you are great at what you do and we ALL are so thankful for what you give each and every day. Sincerely, from the bottom of my heart, Thank You.

No comments: