Friday, January 9, 2009

One Year Ago

Many bloggers have shared their touching stories about how they have came to adoption. Many have experienced the painful loss of infertility. Others have always talked about and knew that they would adopt someday. I tell this story because I get healing through talking about it and I want my daughter to know the path that let her to us.

In July of 2007 we found out that we were expecting our third child. We were extatic about having another little one, the boys were getting older and I was ready for another baby. Three months into the pregnancy I started having complications. I was bleeding pretty bad and knew that something was not right. I had totally different symtoms and was convinced it was a girl. This went on for the next four months. Instead of having a growing belly, my tummy was actually getting smaller. In an ultrasound, my Dr. couldn't tell if the baby was a boy or a girl and was having trouble seeing the heart. This was right before Christmas last year. So I had a follow-up ultrasound scheduled for 1/9/08. I went in and the devastating news was revealed to me, my baby had went to be with Jesus. They think that the baby had died that day, because all of the tissue was still intact. His/her heart had never developed properly. The next day I had to go through 8 hours of labor to deliver our baby. Instead of hearing the joy of a baby crying, all we heard was silence. As you can imagine this was a very hard time for all of us. But through this hard time, we understood God's timing and direction for our lives.

Months later, God layed the thought of adopting on Chad's heart. After talking it over for a few months I began to understand and see that this is what God had planned all along. All of us have changed for the better and realize that the love for our little girl, waiting for us in Korea, will be overflowing and supernatural. Our faith has become stronger and we see things differently than we used to. I am so thankful for the path that God has set out for us, and we can't wait to meet the beautiful daughter that He has hand-picked for our family.

They say time will heal all wounds, and I can attest that this is true. Each day got better and better and once we started the adoption process, it gave us hope. We don't know if we will have any more biological children or not, but we do know that there are so many children in the world that need loving, stable homes. There will always be a child waiting for us in heaven, and it will be a great day when we can all be together.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Oh my gosh Jayme! I cannot even imagine the pain of losing a child. You are a beautiful, strong woman. I am so sorry for your loss...

I am however, thankful that we were able to find each other on this journey...

Your story will be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Lucky Mama said...

How hard that must have been and how much you still must ache. I am so sorry for your loss...There just aren't words. Thank you so much for being brave and sharing this with me.

Steve and Karen said...

We're number 12 with AAC....good luck to you guys.

Steve and Karen said...

I would love the info for the AAC group. My email is Joisey124@yahoo.com

Thanks for sharing your story. I recently went through a tragic loss with a patient/friend of mine whose son went to be with Jesus.