Well . . . . . I made it. Barely.
I'm just going to do the one I had planned for last week. ;)
Ten songs that manged to get me through the wait. We're still waiting, but I have to say it is beginning to draw to a close. Finally.
1. "God you Reign" by Lincoln Brewster. Because who else reigns? He reigns over me, our adoption, my family. Yeah, HE reigns.
2. "Today is the Day" by Lincoln Brewster. "Today is the day, you have made and I will rejoice and be glad in it." Brings me back to VBS and Sunday School. But it is SO stinkin' true. Everyday is a gift, and I need to rejoice in it, even if my daughter isn't here yet.
3. "Everlasting God" by (you guessed it) Lincoln Brewster. LOVE THIS ONE. If I had to pick one, just one off this list, it would be this one. Just. so. good. LOVE the scripture embedded in it.
4. "Surrender" by (again) Lincoln Brewster. OK. I know, enough with the 'Lincoln Brewster' already. I'm sorry! He's very inspirational. I had to list all four because they literally helped me re-group the times I wanted to throw a pity-party. Honestly, they jolted me out of a pity-party -that might be a bit more realistic. LOVE Lincoln Brewster. (I bet you didn't know that already)
5. "Something Beautiful" by NeedtoBreathe. LOVE this song. LOVE the group. I'm pretty sure it wasn't written for my beautiful little daughter, but it might as well have been. The boys and I were listening to this song RIGHT before we got our Referral Call. I know, totally cool. Listening to it brings me back to that awesome morning. It's a keeper.
6. "Wonderin'" by TobyMac. This song has taught me SO much. There's a part in it that says "I'm wonderin' if my dreams will steal me from you." Spoke volumes to me. Put everything back into perspective.
7. "Hold On" by TobyMac. This song helps me think of our transition. You would have to hear it to know what I mean. The lyrics are SO powerful and help me to realize that if we 'hold on' to HIM, everything will be ok. (Plus is there a song that TobyMac makes that isn't totally awsome?! I don't think so!)
8. "It Won't Be Like This For Long" by Darius Rucker. Yeah, Hootie. Hootie went country and I love it! Wasn't sure at first, but it fits him. Anyway - this song is indicative of phases and transitions in life that will soon pass. AND to take advantage of things because they don't last long.
9. "There is a God" by Leann Womack. This song needs no explanation. Just. plain. good.
10. "I Will Wait" by Aaron Shust. I WILL wait. However long it takes. We're getting there, day by day!
I LOVE music and it can change my mood in an instant. I got this idea from my friend, Michelle. She made a list of songs for her son and it helps her through the wait. I started thinking about it, and I went back to these songs time after time for encouragement. So Happy Waiting Wednesday everyone! Now I need to start thinking for a list for next week!
As she placed the ring on her finger...
1 week ago