Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Thankfulness

I was looking back at some old posts, and discovered that I mainly post when the list has movement. So needless to say, NOTHING has happend on the list until this week (or late last week). We are now #13! It's only one, but I'll take it! I am still expecting a big jump like we had in January, though. I am faithful that the list has to move and that there are other things to post about.

Like . . .

K losing his third tooth. It is so funny to see a gaping hole when he smiles.

and . . .

Meeting so many inspirational families through blogging.
One in particular, that I just met, lost everything in a house fire. I heard their story through a great digital magazine called Serious Life. They have many children and they all got out of the house by the grace of God. They had just been home a month from Africa, bringing home their two newest additions, when the fire broke out. Their latest adoption adventure is also a great read. It has lead me to start researching Uganda, which may very well be the next country we adopt from, God willing. DH is already put that idea on ice many times ;) I love that he knows when to settle me down. We need to focus on this process and see where God leads us. WAY to early to be talking about #4!

I'm not one to hold on to material posessions, but it did make me think and to be thankful for what God has given me. Thankfully, they did get out and all of them are safe, but they start all over.
Their blog is www.aplacecalledsimplicity.blogspot.com I encourage you to visit their blog and let me know what you think. You'll find the most inspirational stories on the sidebar.

I am so thankful for the blogging community. I have learned SO much from you all. The support and comfort is truly a blessing to me. Thank you ALL, from the bottom of my heart!

2 comments:

Rach@In His Hands said...

Congrats on moving up the list!

I agree...the blogging world is pretty special. :-)

Shelley said...

Can you imagine going through all of this without our blogging community? Ugh...I shutter to think.

God Bless blogs! They sure have led us to some amazing people that we might not have otherwise known existed.

Girl, I am so happy to be standing in line with you!