Friday, July 1, 2011

Happy Birthday Judaya!

Even though she has probably already celebrated her birthday, being that Korea is 14 hours ahead of us, we celebrated it today. On our July 1st.

We celebrated with Bulgogi, (Korean BBQ) which I made tonight for dinner. Then brownies.

It's really hard to believe that she's One today and we have just barely sent in our acceptance. When Tootsie was one, we were awaiting our EP approval. Six weeks later we were on a plane to get her.

I thought of Judaya dozens of times in the last day or so. Trying to put together a birthday care package with things that she might like.

There are many things that I am thankful for, even though I am not with her today. She will be celebrating her birthday in her birth country, with her loving Foster parents. She will be more immersed in the culture that we all love. Which will be harder for her to leave, in the end. But I guess a part of me hangs on to the hope that she will retain more of her culture than Joye did.

Celebrating her today felt good. It gives me so much to look forward to.

Will she be home this time next year? No one knows. I hope so, but then I also know that HIS timing is perfect. That is where I rest my trust.

Happy Birthday sweet girl. We love you so very much.

1 comment:

Min said...

Happy birthday, Judaya! Hoping that you get some updated photos soon to celebrate the milestone.